Sunday, June 21, 2009

6 HOURS PEOPLE!!!!!

It's amazing what a good nights sleep can do to your perspective on things! We are getting around this AM, getting things ready to get Jia! We are both so excited and can't wait!
This morning we spent a little time in the Word and that always helps. For 3 years now, I've had some 'adoption' scriptures that have helped get me through...
I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you. John 14:18
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans adn widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27
Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land. Proverbs 25:25
Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the East and gather you from the West. Isaiah 43:5
I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27
And of course, my life verse for the last couple of years... For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. Habakkuk 2:3

But this AM we were reading in Isaiah...we were still feeling a little displaced and unsure of what the day would bring...
I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, 'You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Is. 41:9-10
For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. Is. 41:13

We read several others, but those were are favorites. THEN!!!!! I was looking for a verse in Psalms and couldn't remember where exactly it was... I thought Ch. 66 or so... but as I was looking for it, I found this. One I've read over and over and over again... but I didn't finish it or God conceled it until this day for me...
A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling... that's where I would always stop, but if you read the next verse... God sets the lonely in families, Ps. 68:5 & 6a
Today is Jia's day! Today God is keeping His promise and setting the lonely in families. Today... JIA GETS HER FAMILY, because I serve a faithful God. I am praising His name and so grateful He called me, not only to be set apart for His purpose and plan, but that that plan included Jia!I just wanted to share that this AM... now I really need to go or be seriously late! So much to prepare! Keep us in your thoughts and prayers!
Love - JMS

No comments: