Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Woooo Hoooo!

Today I enjoyed a wonderful day away from my computer! The boys and I had lunch at my Mom N Dad's with my Aunt and Uncle and cousins. We all went to Jamesport and shopped a bit and as we were getting ready to leave I check my email on my phone.... Here's what it said:

TA's are in!!!!

Hello families,


Final approvals (usually called Travel Approvals) have arrived! That's the good news... but the difficult news is that we have not yet received confirmation of the consulate appointment. Until we actually receive confirmation, it's too early to make your travel arrangements.

In order to give you an idea of earliest possible travel times, we want you to know that we have requested an appointment with the US Consulate in Guangzhou on June 30. IF WE ARE ABLE TO RECEIVE CONFIRMATION of a June 30 consulate appointment, you would need to arrive in your adoption city on Sunday, June 21. The latest possible day to leave the U.S. would likely be June 19. Until this appointment is confirmed, however, it is too early to book travel arrangements. Unfortunately, because the Consulate is closed on Thursday, May 28, and the Chinese government offices are closed for three days at the end of this week, we won’t know the appointment date for sure until next week at the soonest.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Awesome news!!

Alexis said...

Congratulations Joy! I can't wait to hear more travel details.
Alexis