Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Drips and Runs


Here is my amazing WC crew... the Drips and Runs! I was literally horrified on Sunday morning when I found out that I knew NO ONE on my crew. I am pretty shy and awkward and, according to my son, anti social. I don't mean to be anti social, it's just that I like myself! I would rather go shopping by myself or stay home by myself than invite a friend. My husband knows this about me, but he still trys to get me to take along a friend when I go out of town. I don't know why, it's so much easier to just take my self! I don't have to please someone else with where to eat, what to listen to, what to talk about, where to go, when to leave... etc. I love just being alone with my thoughts and crankin' up my radio. If you were to follow me down the interstate, you would probably laugh or think you need to call 911! I lift my hands and worship and have the best time ever! Just me and my God! So, you see, I'm not alone!
Anyway, what in the heck does this have to do with my World Changers crew, you ask? Well, I don't know, I don't know how I got off on that! Do you ever start thinking of something and before you know it you're thinking about something totally different? I always try and think back to where I lost my train of thought... something like this... Oh yeah, I was thinking about this which made me think about that which reminded me of the other thing... etc!
Okay, so Drips and Runs. I had the most 'glorious' team in Hannibal! By the end of the week we were all great friends and having a great time together. I definately made some friends that I hope to keep for a lifetime. I will be sharing more on these individuals later on! But as I was saying, I'm usually one to keep to myself and apparently a little standoffish, but I SO enjoyed these people. God really knew what He was doing when he put me on this crew. Well, of course He did, why do we doubt Him? We can be so stupid at times. He totally put me with others that I felt entirely comfortable with and genuinely enjoyed being around. At our crew chat on the last evening together, I was ready to cry like a baby at any moment. I had to get out of there before I made a total fool out of myself. Let me tell you, if I'm crying, I'm either so incredibly broken and humbled, or so mad you better run far, far away! I wasn't mad! I was so incredibly broken and humbled from serving God all week, making a difference in our homeowners life and establishing new Godly friendships that will last through eternity. It was so sad to leave those people and that place. I could've stayed another week at least! Just by the time you really get to know one another and are comfortable, it's time to go. But isn't that just like life? Don't put your roots in too deep, we're only here temporarily.
God was so good this week and I can't wait to share all my experiences with you. This post turned more into random ramblings but I'll try and do better next time!
Eternally His... JMS

No comments: