Monday, June 21, 2010

Revisiting our last post before Forever Family Day

Boy, do I remember the tug-of-war going on in our hearts the night before getting Jia.  Are we being selfish taking her from everything she knows?  Is this really what's best for her?  I knew all along how much I wanted her, but had I stopped to think of what she would want?  I remember going to bed that night just a bundle of nerves.
Even more, I remember waking up the next morning and reaching for my bible.  As we sat in bed and re-read some scriptures that had become favorites over the years, a peace began to settle in.  Then, as I was looking for a scripture in Psalms, I ran across another one I had read often.  Psalms 68:5 - A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.  I remember reading that one several times before, but I had never continued on.  Vs 6 says "God sets the lonely in families."
I remember the joy that came over me as I realized that that day, God was placing Jia in a family, because that's what He does.  He sets the lonely in families.  I just knew that all was well and as it should be!  From then on, things went so smoothly and perfectly!
You can re-visit our last post before getting Jia here.
Also, don't forget about the GIVE AWAY!!!!  Go here for details and to enter!

No comments: