Monday, February 15, 2010

Don't Throw Away Those Old T Shirts!!!!

Saturday the boys went to MONSTER JAM so Jia and I had the day to ourselves to do girly things! 
My friend Renea moved in for the day... (if you had see all the stuff she brought over, you'd have thought she was moving in).  Renea and her daughter Taylor come over for a day of sewing!  We made these adorable little dresses out of old T shirts.  I had a Texas T and a T from our visit to the Bridges of Madison County that I wanted to make Jia dresses from and they turned out oh so adorable.

Now a few things about the pictures...
1. They were taken with my phone, so excuse the quality!
2.  Look at the model and the dresses, not the mess in the background!
3. Don't dwell on the models bed hair - she just got up from her nap.

Here is lil' Miss Jia sportin' a halter tank top made from one of Jacen's T shirts!
And the Bridges of Madison County T shirt recycled into a little halter dress.  It says "This kind of certainty comes but once in a lifetime"  How appropriate!


The Stars at Night are Big and Bright, Deep in the Heart of Texas!
I love this one!  And look at that cute little back!  This is the first one I made and it took me a couple of trys to get it right.  Hopefully Jack won't notice a couple of his blue T's missing!  It was for a good cause!


These are sew easy to make and sew much fun! 
If you have any Tshirts you're no longer wearing, send them my way.

Thanks Renea for sharing your toys!  I had a great day and can't wait to do it again!

2 comments:

Renea Lynch said...

I can vouch for the mess.... it's mine!!! It was all my toys and junk I moved in for our play date!!! Three rubber maid tubs, a crate and two machines. :) I had fun! Can't wait to do it again!

Unknown said...

Oooo....I want to try to make these. Where did you find the pattern?
Kelly
www.raudenbushfamily.blogspot.com
www.jiayindesigns.com