Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

A Letter from Max Lucado
Dear Friends,
I am a pastor, not a politician, so I can only speculate as to what awaits President-elect Barack Obama. The long-lasting benefits of good choices…the fearful consequences of poor ones…complicated social issues and relentless international problems.He needs our prayers. And it’s our privilege to pray for him.
The Bible says: Pray for rulers and for all who have authority so that we can have quiet and peaceful lives full of worship and respect for God. (1 Timothy 2:2)

For that reason, I invite you to set aside a few minutes on Inauguration Day, Tuesday, January 20, and ask God to bless Barack Obama and his family. Join me and urge as many people as possible to speak to God on behalf on our incoming president. Good things happen when people pray.
A few years ago I attended a meeting in the White House. While standing in the State Dining Room, I noticed some words engraved on the fireplace: a message from John Adams to his wife Abigail. “I pray heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof.” Here’s hoping that same prayer is offered and answered again.
Max Lucado
Note from me... I don't see how God can bless a country who chooses for their leader a person who does not believe in the sanctity of life. We NEED to pray for Obama and our Country.
God help us all. Eternally His.... JMS

No comments: