Saturday, January 26, 2008

Unanswered Prayers

And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the LORD your God: Deuteronomy 28:2
Just a quick look back at the last few days.... God has been so good to us. Something you wouldn't normally thank God for is 'unanswered prayers' but I thank Him for exactly that this week! It's entirely awesome to see things sorta come full circle and know that things couldn't be this good now if things were the way you prayed for them to be long ago. I don't know if that makes sense to you, but it's making perfect sense to me at this time in my life.
I'm just so thankful and appreciative to God, from whom all blessings flow. He's been really good to my family this week and has released a lot of burdens. How can I do anything less than trust Him completely as our family waits upon Him to unite us with a daughter/sister/granddaughter/niece/aunt(yes, she will come into the family being an aunt!). As excruciating as the wait is, God has blessed me with many wonderful things to keep me content until we meet our Jia. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever. Psalm 30:12
Now I look forward to many exciting things coming up with my youth group at church (Group 180). We will be attending Acquire the Fire for our 3rd year in a row at the end of February, participating in the 30 Hour Famine for the first time at the end of April and going to World Changers in Hannibal Mo. for the first time in July. Besides all these fun activities, I look forward to watching God work in our group this summer and reveal Himself to these kids and seeing lives changed. Keep us in your prayers.
My bank account is empty, but my heart is overflowing! Until next time... JMS

No comments: