Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Ministry Update

Things are really taking off with Joint Heirs Adoption Ministry!  It has been an exciting couple of weeks!  We met with the Trenton Ministerial Alliance October 13th and shared our vision with local pastors.
We had an entry in the Missouri Day's Parade in Trenton and it is a HUGE parade!  It's also a band competition so people from all over come to this parade to support their kids.  I believe this year there were over 50 bands participating.  All throughout the parade people would applaud when they seen us!  It was truly a great feeling.
This last Monday we were on our local radio station's Open Line program where approximately 5,000 listeners got to hear us speak about Foster Care and Adoption for 30 minutes!  KTTN also offered us some free advertising so until November 8th you'll hear me doing a PSA for our Open House and then Renea will be doing a general PSA for National Adoption Month!  This has really generated a lot of publicity for us.  I checked my messages on the sidewalk in front of the radio station as soon as we were done and already had an email from someone offering us 'commercial space' to operate our ministry out of!
Also on Monday our new website went 'live' and it's awesome!  When you first enter you immediately think 'fields of the fatherless'.  Renea is our computer junkie and has done such a fabulous job on the website and blog.  Be sure to check it out at http://www.jointheirsadoptionministry.org/
And, November 8th is our big open house!!!  We have a lot of people coming to present information on international and domestic adoption, as well as foster care.  So anything people want to know... there will be a professional from an agency there to answer it!
Tomorrow morning we are meeting with the mayor, who by the way has become a HUGE supporter!  She is signing a proclamation designating November National Adoption Month for the city of Trenton.  Who HOO! The local newspaper will be covering this.
I, literally, everyday have someone contact me asking me about adoption.  I'm so excited to see what the next year brings.  I know there are people in our community who are about to be called to adopt and I can't wait to see who it is.  With God opening the doors and the exceptional reception from the community, I know this is a message Trenton needs to hear.  I'm thrilled that God is using me to demonstrate His love for orphans and remind the Body of Christ that what concerns God, should concern them.  I see great things happening!
Renea is also our local photographer, so anytime we get together, she has her big 'ole fancy camera to document it.  Which means, we can never meet looking anything less than 'not too shabby'!!!!  I know one day we'll be glad to have these photo's to back and see how it all began!
Enjoy the photo's and I promise a Jia update soon!
Joy



1 comment:

The Tucker Troops said...

Joy-- I'm just in awe...how God is working through you and your team! I love the pictures. We want to come up on the 8th of Nov. to meet all of you!

Have a blessed day!
Beth

Oh, Jia is sooooo adorable!!!! You look so beautiful too!