Friday, May 28, 2010

Haiti

We are living a pretty crazy life right now!  Jacen and Jory are both playing baseball and Jory is playing soccer.  Last night Jack and I had to split up to get them both to their games.
Jack took Jacen to Green City, which is about an hour away and I took Jory to his game here in town.  I had Jia, who by the way was having a melt down in the heat, I was keeping score for the first time because I couldn't tell the sweet little umpire no, and then Renea looks me up with exciting new about our trip to Haiti!
I was just a bit on edge and extremely grateful that Grandma come to watch Jory play ball!

When we travel to Haiti, we are going with Life Connection Mission and here is what they're all about...

* About Our Mission *

As you may already know, Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere. Based on statistics from the World Bank, 78% of Haitians live on less than $2.00 per day and 54% live on less than $1.00 per day. Life expectancy is about 52 years. About 50% of the population is illiterate and due to the lack of funding there are not enough public schools for all the children. Life Connection Mission is a multi-denominational non-profit organization. Our goal is to provide a quality education, from preschool through high school, to produce responsible productive graduates, and to improve their lives through various ministries, headquartered in the village of Montrouis, Haiti. In addition the mission plans to create a business and technical school to help prepare students for advanced careers. In order to meet this mission, we plan to do the following:

1. Minister to the general needs of the community.


2. Administer College Education Excellence and sponsorship program for the school.


3. Provide a feeding program at the school.


4. Partner with medical missions.


5. Build homes & provide other humanitarian services to the children of Mont Rouis


6. Host incoming groups that wish to visit and help with the ongoing needs of Haiti.

You can find Montrouis on the West coast just 50 miles north of Port-Au-Prince where the devastating earth quake hit in January.


LCM sponsors about 300 children in the Montrouis area.  For $25 a month you can help provide Christ centered education, books, supplies, uniforms, hot meals and medical care.
If you'd like to sponsor a child, go HERE and fill out the form.

Here are just a few of the children displaced from the earthquake that urgently need sponsors.
Can you help??


In August, we will be visiting the homes of the children involved in the LCM sponsorship program.  We will have the opportunity to get to know them, take photo's and get updates for their sponsors!

Believe me, I'm pretty excited!  I feel very humbled to be able to do this. 
God has blessed me abundantly and tremendously.  It is with much anticipation, thankfullness and humility that I plan this trip.
I am doing a lot of sewing projects to earn money to go.  I'm making aprons, toddler clothes, baby blankets, dolls and more!  Visit my SEW BLESSED blog to see what I have to sell.  I also just finished a wedding cake to earn money.  If you'd like to just make a good 'ole fashioned contribution, you can do that via the 'chip in ' box in the right!

I've yet to post Mothers Day pictures or pictures of Jia's Spring Fling at preschool!  I'll get on it, but right now we're making Jia's room into a big girl room and that has our week end booked up!
Check back!

No comments: