Friday, February 20, 2009

A friend of mine is making some jewelry with a message... I invite you to read how the jewelry line came about, then go check out her site!
FROM DISASTER TO DECOR
The stones on these pieces came from a tempered glass patio table that was shattered during a storm. When the clouds left and the sun shone brightly on the shattered mess in our yard, it glittered like precious jewels. Millions of them! How could brokenness be so beautiful? I realized it had everything to do with the sun shining through it. The Son began to show me the potential of the broken when put back into the Creator's hands. Excitement rose in me as I gathered up the fragments. As the Lord does with us, I accepted each one in the shape they were found. Washing them thoroughly, I noticed how some pieces had more dirt than others yet came out just as clean! Next was the fun part. Giving them new colors and placing them according to their unique shapes (no two exactly alike) in a place where they have beauty, value, and purpose. What once was lost had now been found!
Is this not what the Lord does with us when we give him our own disasters?

"They shall be mine," says the Lord of hosts, "On the day that I make them my jewels."Mal. 3:17
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation;
Old things are passsed away; behold all thing have become new!"2 Cor. 5:17

No comments: