Monday, September 8, 2008

Presents and Labor Day weekend project

Here's a picture of my much anticipated porch swing! I love it! Jack worked so hard sandblasting the rust and grime off of it and then powdercoating it. Our friend that owns the powder coat shop didn't like the red at all, but I LOVE it! Our house is grey, white trim, black shutters and the red gives it that 'pop'. And I couldn't hardly post a picture of our new porch without a picture of everyone enjoying it! Here's my Dad and Jack with Jadeth and Jacen.
My parents gave me cash, which I used for a down payment on a Lee Teter print for my home! "The Reminder" I love this picture! I wish I could afford the real deal, but I'm having a print matted and framed. I can't wait for it to be done, about a week or so. I'll post a picture of the finished product!
And finally, here's a picture of a project Jack and I worked on Labor Day weekend. I"ve been wanting a firepit for a couple of years now, but couldn't find one with the right lid. I wanted a lid that slid to one side and you didn't have to take it off. Anyway, I never have found just what I want and I finally came to the conclusion that most likely something like that, that would sit on our deck, might possibly be too much temptation for our boys and end up burning our house down! So we took some rocks and bricks we had, dug down in the ground and made our own firepit. It's really cool and we love roasting marshmallows around the fire. We used to do this at my parents all the time and everyone is just too busy now days. It brings back memories of my cousing Matt pickin' his guitar and just being with family... Ahhhhh the good 'ole days! Anyway, here's the pic... my brother took it from our deck on Saturday, but you can sort of see it.
I had a 'glorious' birthday and really have been blessed by God. I have so much to be grateful for, and believe me, I am. Eternally His... JMS

No comments: