Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Where has the time gone?

Wow! I knew when summer hit, we'd be too busy to focus on the China adoption wait. I'm so glad. It's too easy to focus solely on this adoption and how long its taking. It hurts. It's depressing. It's nice to be busy and live, not simply 'survive' this long, seemingly unending wait. "Those that wait upon the Lord...." He keeps renewing me and giving me the strength to hold on. It's not something I could endure on my own. There is nothing new to report on this front... so here's what's been keeping me away!

Jadeth played tennis this spring and had a very successfull season. Then he helped teach tennis basics for tennis camp this summer. He loves tennis, almost as much as soccer! He's been busy working at Hy-Vee and staying up all hours of the night playing 'rock band' with his friends. Also, right now, he's playing slow pitch softball with our church. I can't believe how far he can hit the ball. He started out playing short stop, but they moved him to third. Seems he can't control the power of this throws to first and the first baseman preferred he threw from a little further distance! His throws are dead on and I wouldn't want to be the recipient of one! It amazes me how athletic he is. And such a good kid....
Oh Jacen! Jacen had a fabulous ball season! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to watch Jacen play! He is smaller than the other boys, but such a power hitter! Even in T ball, he was hitting them to the fence! The last couple of years, he's really advanced in his ball playing and is awesome at catching those line drives hit right to short stop! He also has such a good throw to first. It's taken a while to tame his arm... he's had the power, just not the control to get it to the first baseman's glove! There was no telling where the ball would go before!

Jacen is still my little skateboarder too! He has to skate everyday! I dropped him off at the skate park yesterday and ran into the grocery store... When I returned to check on him, he was ramping up on top of a picnic table, sliding the length of it and dropping off to the concrete. He landed it perfect. Another little boy was there filming it with my cell phone. I've got to learn how to add video to my blog!

Jacen also went to tennis camp and wants to play tennis like his big brother when he's in High School. Once in a while, Jadeth and Jacen actually get along and Jadeth will take him to play rock band with his friends. Actually this summer, both have matured and have begun to be friends... sort of! They've also taken to grocery shopping, which is awesome! I need to start sending cash, rather than a blank check though!

This was Jory's first year for baseball! He was so much fun to watch! The first game, he twirled and twirled and twirled some more! I also have this on video if I ever figure out how to add it! So cute! Anyway, Jory loved to hit the ball and has the same strength and ability as his brothers! The outfield is boring and the kids still have no clue what to do when the ball comes to them! It's so entertaining! Jory went to summer school so he could become familiar with the school for when he starts Kindergarten this fall. He earned $50 and it just come in the mail! I think we'll be going to WalMart tonight to buy the bike he's been waiting for... one that looks like a motorcycle. He's short $, but one of the days he missed was not his fault, so mom and dad and grandma are making up the difference!

Jadeth recently had Sr. Pics taken, so I'll add some previews of those on another post. Jack is racing... some. Sounds like soon they'll begin working Saturday's. He's been busy with our porch project and going to ball games! I'll try to get racing pictures up sometime as well!

So, we'll keep on, keeping on.... Until next time - His, JMS

No comments: