Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Acquire the Fire 2008

This is some of Group180, our youth group from church! There were 23 of us that attended Acquire the Fire, including adults. We had such a fabulous time! We bought our tickets last year at ATF 07 and we got front- center- floor seats! We were on rows 4,5 & 6. The only way to get any closer was to be a host church for the ATF staff! We've already bought our tickets for next year also!
Jack and I posing before heading out for day 2 of Acquire the Fire. He is such a good husband! We were to leave town at 4:00 on Friday and about 15 til I decided Jack should go! He didn't get off work until 4:15 so I asked the group if they'd wait so Jack could go and they were wonderful about it. Even though I know they were excited to get there and get good seats! Anyway I had Jack's bag packed, his pillow and sleeping bag on the bus when he got home from work! I said "C'mon! You're going!" and he did! I know he adores me and would do anything for me. Even though he planned on a quiet weekend at home with Jacen and Jory and had had a headache for 3 days, he went! He's glad he did! Can't wait to go next year either!
Jacen got to go with us. My little 'Jesus Freak' loved it!
Another of Jack and I
Ron Luce.... Did you know that only 2% of the population are dreamers and the rest of us are participating in someone elses dream. Ron is certainly a dreamer. His testimony is incredible and the things he's accomplished with Teen Mania and Acquire the Fire are living testaments to what one can accomplish through God.

No comments: