Wednesday, March 12, 2008

One of my favorite days...

I've been inspired by some other blogs where I've seen the cutest little dresses that are home made and I've also been introduced to and fallen in love with, Etsy. So a few weeks ago, my mom and I spent the entire day together in the city shopping for fabric and had the BEST time.
Well, today I had the day off so we started in on our project. It was such a wonderful day. It was entirely lovely just to spend the day with my mom, as usual. But working on these dresses for our little Jia to someday wear, just made the day special. Of course we thought of and dreamed about her all day. I wonder who she is, what she looks like, how old she'll be, will she be a tomboy? What ever the answer to all those questions, she is already loved. We can't wait. My mom mentioned more than once that these pretty little dresses will most likely have race car grease on them the first time she wears them! Probably so! Can you straddle a go-cart in a dress? If dad turns her into a racer, she'll have to! Jack actually tried out the names we liked as if to announce her winning a race on the loud speaker. It had to sound good that way!
Here's our first two creations. I'm hooked! I can't wait until Saturday when we're planning to make more!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this Asian inspired fabric!
This is actually one side of a reversible pinafore. I forgot to photograph the back, but it crosses over and is just ADORABLE!
Here's the other side. We decided to add the pockets to this side. I totally freaked out when I read the pockets had to be topstitched on. I only have sewing experience from High School Home-Ec class. Do you have any idea how long ago that was??? I didn't want to ruin the dress!
Ah, but I did pretty darn good! I love the contrasting fabric and this is my favorite so far! Can't wait to see my little girl in it!
I had such a great day I just wanted to share! Also, the temperature got into the 70's today! Woo Hoo! But it's supposed to snow on Saturday!
Unconditionally Surrendered... JMS

No comments: