Tuesday, February 5, 2008



Today is the 1 year anniversary of our Log In Date with the CCAA in China. This is the date that our dossier was officially received in China and added to the pile.
Why adopt? Way back in 2005 our oldest son kept telling people we were adopting a baby from another country when he graduated. I have NO idea where this come from. I don't know anyone who adopted, it's not anything we had EVER talked about. So I don't know why on earth he started saying this!
Then Christmas 2006, Jacen wrote a letter to Santa asking for a baby sister! WHAT??? Where did THAT come from?
It would help if you knew that I was adamantly against having more children, especially a girl! I was so happy with my boys and they could go out to the garage with Dad. I would go to makeup parties and spa parties and all my friends brought their daughters. I would be so aggrevated wondering why they couldn't leave them at home and we could just have a girls night. I didn't get it! I was selfish.
Then this amazing thing happened... God started working in my heart. Things just starting lining up. We went to a Compassion concert and heard Geoff Moore talk about China adoption. Some friends at church brought their granddaughter one Sunday, adopted from China. We met a couple who are now some of our best friends and they had adopted all 4 of their children and kept planting seeds about adoption. Finally I asked our church friends what agency their daughter had used and just sent off for information. We talked about it and prayed about it and decided for our anniversary, May 1st, 2006, we'd just send in the application and see what happened. We were accepted and the paper chase was on.
The verse that sums this all up is from Matthew Chapter 6... This is your Father you are dealing with, and he knows better than you what you need. (The Message) God knew the desires of my heart, even before I did. He had this planned all along and He's gracious enough to let me think this was my idea! He didn't force this on us, He simply and tenderly guided us down this path. How awesome is He? How much better are the things He has planned for us than anything we could ever plan for ourselves. How wonderful it is to be right in the center of His will and let Him have control. Adoption is something I NEVER would have considered, if not for God's gentle hand shoving me in that direction. Thank You Father.

No comments: