Friday, February 29, 2008

New Camera and ATF

It's been a long time since my last post, but nothing much has been going on. Jory has been really sick, running a temp of 103. I think he's finally getting better, but still not 100%.
My camera that Jack bought me for Christmas a couple of years ago had bit the dust. It will no longer charge. I took Jadeth's camera to Casting Crowns and wasn't happy with the pictures at all. So I bought a new one! I'm really anxious to try it out this weekend.
This afternoon we are leaving for Acquire the Fire at Kemper Arena. This is our 3rd year going and I cannot wait! It's always such a great time of worship and learning. I'm just praying that God will change some lives this weekend. But Satan is already at work and there's a lot of grumbling going on already. I'm praying God will just bind Satan from our teens for 24 hours and let them just be enveloped in His awesome love, mercy and power. I pray we all come back different people.
The Newsboys and Superchick are scheduled to be there. I've seen Superchick a few times, but I'm so excited to see the Newsboys! Oh, and we bought our tickets last year when we were there and we are front, center, floor! Our section is the first 10 rows, so we will not be any further back than that! How cool! I may be a little old for that, I don't know!
Anyway, God is amazing and continues to thrill us all. We've recently started a new bible study on Sunday night called "when God's people pray" by Jim Cymbala. I'm looking forward to it. I always want to close with the song by Casting Crowns, "What if His people prayed" as sort of a Rocky type thing to get up all pumped up! "What if the family turned to Jesus, stopped asking Oprah what to do?" How different our world would be!
Hopefully I'll get lots of pictures this weekend to share!
His... JMS

1 comment:

Esther_B said...

I just felt like I needed to encourage you. My name is Esther, and I am an intern at the Honor Academy (Acquire the Fire's internship). Thanks for your concern for your youth, and your willingness to step out and do something for them. Keep persevering. "March on, my soul, be strong!" (Judges 5:21) God bless you!